“With my painting I aim for strong contrasts of tone and colour to give the viewer the feeling or mood that lies behind the outward form of the subject.”
Brian migrated to Australia in 1966 on a contract with the Commonwealth Dept of Works.
After the contract he joined Ampol Petroleum as their Construction Superintendent.
Brian works mainly in watercolours, which show his versatile and imaginative style combining realism with a touch of mysticism. Building and water/marine scenes (being a Scorpio water sign), together with a love of nature, greatly influence his paintings.
He resides and works on the Gold Coast and has won 31 awards for his art.
His works are exhibited in selective major galleries throughout Australia and feature in many business, council and private collections here and overseas, which include:-
- Commonwealth Bank Private Art ColIection Brisbane
- Wide Bay Capricorn Building Society H.Q.
- Warwick Regional Art Gallery
- Council Offices
- International Society of Marine Painters
- Australian Society of Marine Artists
- Royal Queensland Art Society
- To date he has held 12 Solo Exhibitions.